MOI's Give to the Max Day Match—that's quite a mouthful! But a mouthful worth repeating: MOI has a $10,000 matching gift for Give to the Max Day! From now, as you read this, to November 16 at 11:59 p.m., your gifts to our MOI Voyage Fund X Give to the Max Day campaign will be matched by an anonymous donor.
Our donors support us because they believe in our mission and our work, and we couldn't be more grateful. Your gifts support our five arms of programming and have since our founding in 2009. In case you're not quite convinced yet, check out some more information on what we do!
- In the 2016-2017 school year, MOI served over 1,600 K–12 students and partnered with over 30 Twin Cities schools.
- The community of caring volunteers who make MOI's programs possible continues to grow. Last year, we had over 100 caring community members volunteer with us.
- We are entering the third year of our Young Authors' Book Project, a program in which we partner with student authors to write an anthology of works with a foreword by a well-known Twin Cities author. In the past, we have partnered with Marlon Janes and Kao Kalia Yang, and this year, we will be partnering with 5th graders and Danez Smith.
- Our Storytelling & Bookmaking Field Trip program continues to be wildly successful, with 100% of teachers saying they would recommend the trip to another teacher.
- MOI has taken student storytelling off the page and onto the air. This summer, we held our first podcast camp, and we are continuing podcasting programming this school year with High School for Recording Arts as part of our Creative Writing Workshops program.
We hate to brag, but we're making waves with our work. And we're so excited to continue that work in our new location, in Cedar-Riverside, next summer! That's right—we're moving! Which is why we're asking you, the MOI Crew, to join us this Give to the Max Day.
November 16 is Give to the Max Day, Minnesota's largest day of giving, and MOI is diving for support for our Voyage Fund. Before we can move, we need to make sure our new vessel is ready for all our programs. Here it is now (waving person for welcoming scale):
As you can see, it's not in ship shape—yet. But it will be with your help! Your donation to our Voyage Fund, you will help keep the seas calm as we voyage to Cedar-Riverside. Plus, you'll provide our students with an opening tutoring floor, a library and reading nook, computers, and even sonar equipment to track the creatures and ideas that lurk deep in the ocean. Our caring volunteers and signature programs will also be voyaging with us. The same MOI you know and love will be in Cedar-Riverside, where we can be known and loved by even more people.
There's an ocean of possibilities across the river—come find them with us!