Work with the next generation of writers through our after-school, field trip, and in-school programs.
For any questions about ways to join the volunteer crew, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in tutoring, leading a workshop, or partnering with MOI in any way, please attend a new volunteer orientation. All volunteers are required to attend orientation before working with students. Upcoming orientation dates can be found on our calendar.
Tutor qualifications include:
Willingness to learn along with students
- Responsiveness to students' changing needs
- Desire to share personal experiences and inspiration
- Cultural sensitivity
- Patience of a manager, persistence of a groupie
1-2 hours per week, including drive time
- MOI needs volunteers at our new headquarters at 2388 University Ave W (the corner of Raymond and University) for 90 minute weekly tutoring sessions on weekdays between 3-6pm
- MOI tutors are also invited to work at Como Park High School, Ramsey Middle School, or Bancroft Elementary.
MOI supports tutors with:
- Tutor training, so you know what to expect when working with students
- Content support, so they can brush up on algebra (Lest they be rusty!)
- Ongoing opportunities for reflection, so you can discuss how sessions are going together
- Performance feedback, so you can understand the difference you're making in a student’s life